Happy New Year!
I hope your new year is off to a wonderful start!
I am popping on tonight to share my word for 2022 with you.
You might be wondering what that even means. Let me introduce you to the concept of picking a word for each year. I have been following Paige Schmidt for something like 10 years, and I’ve also worked with her one on one for many years while she was my coach. A few years ago (I don’t remember the exact year) she started picking a word for each year, and I loved the idea right away!
However, I really got around to actually pick a word for each year. I always ended up being too undecided and picking like 10 words, ha!
This year, however, is different. As I was listening to a podcast episode with Paige while walking on the beach, my word for 2022 came to me. In the episode Paige was talking about her word for 2022. I wasn’t really trying to find a word. I thought to myself that the right word will come to me. And it did!
My word for 2022
Okay, are you ready for my word for 2022?
Drum roll please!
My word for 2022 is BLISS.
When this word came to mind it immediately made sense to me! I want this year to be blissful. Both on a personal and professional level.
I want to spend more time with my family and friends. I want to travel more. I want to write more. Create more. I want to start a coaching business (I’m a certified health coach) as well as grow my business as a creative copywriter. I want to truly embrace joyful living. I want to spend more time in nature.
I want to truly enjoy my first cup of coffee in the morning. I want to journal while listening to music that speaks to my soul. I want to read more books. Maybe I’ll start a podcast. Write a book. Wear the clothes I love. Support businesses I love and believe in. Spend less time on social media. I want to move in ways that feel intuitive. I want to embrace bliss.
Now obviously, just writing a blog post about this is not enough. Saying that my word for 2022 is bliss is not enough. I have to make decisions that support how I want to live my life. I can’t just expect this life to fall into my lap. I have to create new habits and make conscious decisions in order to live a blissful life this year.
Some steps I’ve taken:
- I’ve deleted Instagram from my phone. I’ll download the app once a day (I use IG for work) to check messages etc. but I will no longer be scrolling mindlessly. It will be intentional when I use social media.
- I’m starting to write more blog posts related to coaching which will help me when I start my coaching business (I plan to start coaching in April or May).
- I have made a list of companies I would just love to work with in 2022.
- I’ve made plans to meet up with friends, and I’m spending much more time at my parent’s house (they live on the country side so as a bonus I also get to spend time in nature when I’m at their place).
- I’ve stepped away from my extremely rigid yoga practice that left me injured, exhaused and very unfulfilled. Instead I’ve embraced what I call intuitive movement. More about this to come!
- I’m journaling most mornings while sipping my morning coffee and listening to music that speaks to my soul.
This all feels so right to me.
Do you have a word for 2022? If so, feel free to share it! I would love to know it!